Thursday, March 1, 2007

.99


I like to buy new-looking paperbacks from the thrift shops. It doesn't matter if I've read them or not...if I see them in good condition and the price is reasonable, then I buy them. In this case, I was able to get Memoirs of a Geisha for ten cents. I read and passed on my copy long ago (this reminds me, I still haven't seen the movie...). Anyone want this copy? I will ship it to you if you e-mail me your address.

As far as Cold Mountain, The Dive from Clausen's Pier, and Running With Scissors...I haven't read these but they have been on my list for a long, long time. Now they are in my collection, like new!

2 comments:

Junniper, MPA said...

Oh, that's fun! Of course I don't really thrift books, but I hit Powell's! :)

I haven't seen the Geisha movie yet, either.

Running With Scissors is tough. It's like a car wreck--you can't stop reading no matter how horrified you are.

Lauren said...

I still can't bring myself to watch the movie version of Memoirs of a Geisha. If it came on tv I would watch it. You didn't like Memoirs? Your kidding? I swear I can't pin your taste in reading down. Every time I think I got it you through me for a loop. I own everything except for Cold Mountain. I read The Dive from Clausen's Pier years ago. It is so good and tragic. I loved it. I also like Running With Scissors. I just put the movie on my netflix.