Thursday, July 10, 2008

$55

lbwholelot

My mom collects a Staffordshire pattern called Liberty Blue; she has since it debuted in 1976! It was promotional where she worked and leftover pieces were chucked into the dumpster. You bet she got right in the trash and rescued what she could. She collected it over the years at garage sales and thrift shops (we're related, can you imagine?) but since her dumpster diving days, prices have skyrocketed. I found the lot pictured above at a thrift store last weekend for $55. It would have cost me well around $700 if I bought the same pieces here! What caught my eye first was that pitcher. The ever-elusive pitcher! She has been trying to find one since 1976.

pitcher

What a deal! When I told her about it, she squealed!

(More pictures here...)




No comments: