Friday, November 27, 2009

.99

IMG_9731

Here's the scoop:  I love Christmas!  I'm still growing my very small collection of decorations, therefore I do scan the holiday aisle(s) in the thrifts for small treasures.  My heart swells for homemade ceramics (see Mr. Jack-O-Lantern here), and I have this vision lately to find dozens of ceramic trees to put all over my "mantle" -- a.k.a. the top of one of my cabinets -- thereby creating a forest of fancies.  My grandma made a tree like this way back in the day, and it still fascinates me.  Anyway, this little guy, perhaps a napkin holder at one time, might hold my holiday cards.  Like I get that many!  But who knows...maybe he'll bring me tons this year!

IMG_9733

3 comments:

kimberlina said...

LOVE it! i've been doing the same, but only have 3. and this year, we may not even get to put them up because of home shopping! so sad!

madge said...

oh, that makes me so happy to hear!

MoonDoggie said...

I've never seen one of these before. I want one for myself now.